A unique, tweakable 65% keyboard kit
The NIBBLE is a low-cost, high-quality ANSI+ISO 65% keyboard kit with tons of room for user customization. Inspired by keyboards like the Plaid or Discipline, the NIBBLE uses a Pro Micro, rather than a discrete microcontroller. This saves assembly time, and also reduces the build difficulty, since components like the USB connector are difficult to solder by hand. The NIBBLE has more programmable keys than a standard 65%, and allow for multiple layouts. More below!
Customizable Macro Keys
Any of the below options can be used in place of the four programmable macro keys on the left of the keyboard. Use some, all, or none of these. It's your call.
With a built-in switch, a rotary encoder can be customized to control audio, RGB modes, keyboard layers, video and audio editing, just to name a few.
Giant RGB LED
What's better than an RGB LED? A giant RGB LED. It's a cool way to display keyboard status, and can be controlled from QMK to show caps lock, layer, whether you're muted on Discord...etc.
100% through hole design*
The NIBBLE utilizes a Pro Micro MCU instead of a discrete micro-controller chip. It offers the fun and aesthetic of a kit keyboard without having to worry about soldering the difficult bits like USB connectors. All required parts (diodes, caps, and ICs) are through-hole, meaning they're easy and forgiving to solder. ICs come with a socket, so you don't need to worry about cooking them during soldering.
*Optional underglow LEDs and expansion port are surface-mount
The NIBBLE supports many different key configurations and layouts: ANSI/ISO, split space, stepped caps lock, and multiple different function rows. See here for the default key layout, here for ISO, and here for the function row options. Since it runs QMK firmware, it's easy to change keymaps, program macros, and customize functionality, even beyond what's been discussed here.
RGB underglow ready
10x optional bottom-mounted SMT LEDs shine nicely through the acrylic support material. RGB underglow is supported natively in QMK, allowing for easy programming and configuration.
These are guaranteed to make your NIBBLE a little zestier.
- Take your thocciness to the next level and protect your NIBBLE with the nullbits stacked acyclic case
- Display layer status, keyboard info, WPM and more with a color-matched 0.91" OLED Display
- Add compatibility for 3-pin switches, hotswap sockets, and add stability to your build with a color-matched FR4 Switch Plate
(in the box)
- Top & bottom PCBs. Make the PCB sleeve into dampening foam!
- top & middle acrylic supports
- M2 standoffs & screws
- Core electronic components:
- 1N4148 axial diodes, column driver ICs & sockets, 0.1μF decoupling caps, reset switch
- WS2812 RGB underglow & BIG RGB LEDs
- Rotary encoder & color-matched Kilo knob
- Quickstart card
(you'll also want)
- Pro Micro Compatible MCU. Consider using a Bit-C!
- Qty. 72 PCB mount MX-compatible keyswitches & keycaps
- PCB-mount stabilizers
- [Optional] Mill-Max 0305, 3305, or 7305 hot-swap sockets
- A good fine-tip soldering iron
- High quality thin solder
- Side cutting snips for trimming leads
- A fine-tip Phillips (#00 or #0) screwdriver
Stay in the loop
Join our email list to to get updates about product availability and an early heads up about new ones. Plus, earn access to exclusive deals, unlock access to our referral program, and more.