A very moddable 19-key numpad kit
The TIDBIT is a 19-key numpad kit with support for multiple rotary encoders, OLED and LED displays, and RGB underglow. Designed to perfectly match the look of the NIBBLE, the TIDBIT uses a Pro Micro, rather than a discrete microcontroller. This saves assembly time, and also reduces the build difficulty, since components like the USB connector are difficult to solder by hand. The TIDBIT has more programmable keys than a standard 12-key numpad, and allows for multiple layouts. More below!
Encoders, OLEDs, and LED Matrices
The TIDBIT has an incredible amount of flexibility. Want an LED matrix smack in the middle? Sure. Rotary encoder knob? Have two. Why, all these options, you ask? Why not.
Up to 4x Rotary Encoders
With a built-in switch, a rotary encoder can be customized to control audio, RGB modes, keyboard layers, video and audio editing, and more. All at once, if you want.
Matrix, 14 Segment, & OLED Support
Built to accept many of the the popular HT16K33 Adafruit modules (1, 2, 3), an LED matrix (or three) opens up new possibilities. It also includes an OLED header, ready to accept a 0.91" SSD1306 I2C OLED.
Mix and Match
Builds aren't limited to one of these options. Most (but not all, list here) options can be mixed and matched. There's no real limit to the weirdness. Want a macropad with nothing but LED matrices? Go crazy.
100% through hole design*
The TIDBIT uses a Pro Micro MCU instead of a discrete micro-controller chip. It offers the fun and aesthetic of a kit without having to worry about soldering the difficult bits like USB connectors. All required parts (diodes, caps, and ICs) are through-hole, meaning they're easy and forgiving to solder.
*Optional underglow LEDs and expansion port are surface-mount
Multiple Layout Options
The TIDBIT supports many different key configurations and layouts: A standard 18-key numpad (minus Num Lock) with 2U keys, a 19-key layout, and more. What's the catch? The 2U keys do not support stabilizers. Since it runs QMK firmware, it's easy to change keymaps, program macros, and customize functionality, even beyond what's been discussed here.
RGB underglow ready
8x optional bottom-mounted SMT LEDs shine nicely through the acrylic support material. RGB underglow is supported natively in QMK, allowing for easy programming and configuration.
These are promised to make your TIDBIT a little tastier.
- Take your thocciness to the next level and protect your TIDBIT with the nullbits stacked acyclic case
- Display layer status, keyboard info, WPM and more with a color-matched 0.91" OLED Display
- Add compatibility for 3-pin switches, hotswap sockets, and add stability to your build with a color-matched FR4 Switch Plate
- Expand beyond one rotary encoder with a rotary encoder and knob pack
(in the box)
- Top & bottom PCBs
- Top & middle acrylic supports
- M2 standoffs & screws
- Core electronic components:
- 1N4148 axial diodes & reset switch
- WS2812 RGB underglow LEDs
- 1x rotary encoder & color-matched Kilo knob
- Quickstart card
(you'll also want)
- Pro Micro Compatible MCU. Consider using a Bit-C!
- Qty. 19 PCB mount MX-compatible keyswitches & keycaps
- [Optional] OLED/Adafruit LED Modules
- [Optional] Mill-Max 0305, 3305, or 7305 hot-swap sockets
- A good fine-tip soldering iron
- High quality thin solder
- Side cutting snips for trimming leads
- A fine-tip Phillips (#00 or #0) screwdriver
Stay in the loop
Join our email list to to get updates about product availability and an early heads up about new ones. Plus, earn access to exclusive deals, unlock access to our referral program, and more.